Yes, this year, 2016, is going to be my year of becoming just a little bit more legit. I really don’t care that it sounds corny. I’m making things happen.
I have high hopes for the next twelve months. Some of these dreams I’m hesitant to share, mainly because I’m afraid that someone will try and talk me out of them or, if they don’t happen by December 31st at midnight, that I will feel like a complete and utter failure.
So… Let’s talk about what has happened since the ringing in of the New Year.
- I have moved my work into an artist studio so that I have a place to start refinishing furniture.
- I have met with a graphic designer who is going to help me with a logo, branding, and advertisements.
- I have received an overwhelming amount of support, interest, new clients, and donated or inexpensive, high quality furniture to start building an inventory.
- I have sent in an application to the biggest craft fair in my craft fair attending history for April 2-3 in San Antonio.
- I am in the works of landing my first whole sale account for my handmade wares.
Not bad for only being 18 days into the New Year, right? I’m so excited. So excited. I’m proud of what I am doing too. I have a lot to learn… like bookkeeping, accounting, writing a business plan. All that fun stuff… It’s a little overwhelming too, but in a healthy way. It’s comforting knowing I’m getting closer to something I really, really want. It’s going to be an adventure and I hope you’ll enjoy my updates: good, bad, and the crafty.