I posted just the other day about PRIDE in my “Embroidery with Pride” post. Well, I didn’t think of any reason to stop there. I wanted to keep the theme going for the entirety of June as it is PRIDE Month. That being said, I’d like to show off this fabulous set of chairs I recently refinished.
The Prideful Pair
Several years ago, I refinished a rocking chair right after David Bowie’s passing. I reupholstered it with this loud rainbow fabric. I’ve been holding onto the remainder of it waiting for the perfect time and pieces to use it. PRIDE seemed like the only appropriate time to me. In my mind, these chairs were the perfect choice. Their simple build allows a lot of room for loud paint and the rainbow fabric.
- Removed the seat, sanded, filled in holes and dents, then continued with structural repairs
- Applied sky blue base, then an overcoat of purple and sanded down to achieve the distressed look
- Continued with a polyurethane topcoat for maximum durability
- For the seat, I removed two layers of upholstery, including countless staples and upholstery nails
- Put in new seat padding and reupholstered with rainbow fabric.