Back in August, someone had gifted me a few pieces of furniture during their downsize/move. This bar cart was one of the few and for the first time ever I thought, “I’m doing this one for me.”
The thing about moving into a new cabin in the Texas Hill Country is that believe it or not, I didn’t have a whole heck of a lot of furniture. I had done a huge downsizing myself just a year and a half before. I mean, I had all the furnture in my shop but… the bar cart is the only thing I saw coming into my home. The funny part of this is I don’t drink anymore, but I sure need the extra storage!
The Bar Cart Breakdown
Here’s a breakdown of what TLC this bar cart received:
- Removed warped top and all hardware
- A quick sand and a coat of white paint
- Cut a new top down to size
- Stained entire piece with walnut tinted wax
- Replaced all hardware including door latches and stops
Here she sits in our front entrance way under the shelf I made with the same stain and all my house plants.