I’ve never been much of a baker. I’m more of a fly by the seat of my pants, a little of this, a little of that… little more this kind of gal. This makes baking more of an experiment most of the time. Well, during my time at home the last few months I’ve spent a lot of time experimenting and picking up a cardio routine.
I’ve created this dense, spongey cake that is a delightful dessert or afternoon snack with a cup of coffee. I’ve made it with various different fruit: peaches, blueberries, strawberries, mango… you name it, they all work.
Tooty Fruity Cake
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk (regular or non-dairy)
- 1 to 2 cups of fruit
- Brown sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease pie pan (or baking pan) with butter
- Line fruit at the bottom of the baking dish
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla, butter, flour, baking powder, and milk then add to the baking dish
- If using brown sugar, sprinkle on top. It caramelizes and makes a nice crust
- Bake for one hour, rotating halfway through.
- Remove, let cool… if you can, slice and enjoy!