Ok, so my last post was “I’m not doing any resolutions this year” but that doesn’t mean I’m not eating healthy over here! I thought it was time to share a delightful, healthy, and easy recipe for you to try this New Year. I will keep my intro short as I am coming to find, reading a thesis in order to get to a recipe is…. Annoying!
Roasted Red Carrots & Onions
- 1 bunch JBG red carrots, cut lengthwise
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of oil (I use avocado oil, but olive oil works)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (2 to roast, 1 after)
- Salt pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons JBG parsley, minced
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven at 425ºF
- Toss carrots, onions, oil, and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar in a baking sheet
- Place in the oven to roast for 20-30 minutes or until onions began to caramelize, mark sure to toss halfway through
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Garnish with parsley and pomegranate seeds
Note: I highly recommend using a high-quality balsamic vinegar. It makes all the difference in the world as far as flavor.
If you want to try more delicious recipes, go ahead and check out my cookbook!