Really. To say that I’ve been a little quiet may in fact be the biggest understatement since my last blog post and should cover the understatement bases for the remainder of 2019. I have come back to life. In fact, Life is kind of what got in the way. So much has changed since my last post, I don’t even know where to begin. Rather than recapping and rehashing the last year or so, what I will focus on are the things that have recently taken place to get me back on track.
Teamwork Makes the Dreamwork
I have found my tribe. I have teamed up with some amazing people to help push me forward, grow, learn… and learn things that I really needed to know to help grow laura lee… like that online store, a better website, etc. It’ll be a slow process to build, but I’ll get there. Despite sometimes what I think, I can’t do everything by myself. This team is the A-Team.
New Home… New Homestead
To wrap up 2018… I moved. I left my adorable little apartment that I’ve called home for five years and completely uprooted myself to a little home in the country. I’m surrounded by hundreds of acres of rolling hills, cows, pastures, some trees, and John Deere tractors. I’m greeted by the wagging tales of dogs every morning and coffee already brewed. (*note: we have not trained the dogs to make coffee yet) I will start prepping my garden beds this week so that I can start growing my own produce for my canned goods!
- I have not forgotten about Kickstarter Incentives. I have learned that I signed myself up for too complicated of incentives, which is taking me much longer to fill. My sincerest apologies… thank you for your patience.
- I’m still working on the cookbook. I will post a teaser soon.
- I now live on the same property as my furniture shop, you can expect to see more updates about that once I finish unpacking boxes.
- I’ve fallen in love, despite my greatest attempt not to.
- I am working on a new line of embroidery goods.
- There are workshops/classes being planned.
- Keep your eyes peeled for a made by laura lee Youtube channel coming soon.
If any of ya’ll are still reading my humble little blog… thank you. It’s good to be back. I appreciate you.