The holidays are just around the corner! I’m already dreamily planning Thanksgiving dinner but to hold me over I can’t help but make things that taste like the holidays. One of which is taking advantage of seasonal produce like pears. For this recipe I used these delightful Asian pears, but you can also get away with Bosc pears or Russett apples. For a more savory version of this tart, scroll down to the notes below.
Cardamom Pear Tart
- 4-6 pears, pealed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- butter for greasing pan
- puff pastry dough
- Remove the pastry puff from freezer to thaw
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Roll out the pastry sheet and curl edges of dough to form 1/2 inch crust
- In a saute pan on medium heat, melt butter and honey
- Add pears and cardamom to honey butter mixture
- Cook pears until they begin to soften, but still keep their structure. Roughly, 5 minutes
- Once pears reach desired softness, layer pear slices on puff pastry
- Drizzle excess honey butter mixture on top
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until crust begins to turn golden brown.
- Let tart cool before cutting
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!
Note: If you want a more savory tart, I highly recommend adding crumbles of goat cheese under the pear slices and sprinkle with sea salt.